Apostle Ronald C. Hill
The youngest of four children, Pastor Ronald C. Hill was raised in the small town of Pittsburg, Texas. When he was 8 years old he accepted Jesus Christ into his life, but experienced little spiritual growth. After graduating from high school, he joined the United States Navy and completed two tours of duty in Vietnam. In 1967, he was honorably discharged and moved to Los Angeles, California where he worked in the Aircraft Industry. The following year, he accepted a job with the Southern California Transit District.
In 1972, Pastor Hill rededicated his life to God. Shortly thereafter, the Lord instructed him to quit his job and go into ministry full time. A year later, the Lord opened a door for
Pastor Hill to become the first African-American minister to serve as chaplain with the
Union Rescue Mission in Los Angeles. From 1973 to 1980, Pastor Hill also served as an
Evangelist and Chaplain with the Los Angeles County Probation Department.
In November of 1981, the Lord led Pastor Hill to found the Love and Unity Christian Fellowship. Beginning this ministry with only his helpmeet Osie, their small children and five church members, this fellowship of believers has impacted their community for Christ growing into a membership of over 3,500 members. Although located in an urban community widely known for its drugs, gang violence, and poverty the city of Compton, CA is where the Love & Unity Christian Fellowship calls home. Opening the doors to a multi-million dollar building project in 2005, the Born Again Center became the new home of the Love & Unity Christian Fellowship.
Through hard work and being faithful to God’s calling upon his life, Pastor Hill has the led the Love & Unity congregation into the importance of evangelism outside the four walls of the church. The Love & Unity Christian Fellowship has knocked on the door of every home in the city of Compton at least three times hoping to reach the community for Christ.
The Love and Unity Christian Fellowship demonstrates its concern for the larger community through its 27 active outreach ministries including its radio broadcast, adopt-a-school ministry, tutorial program, back to school outreach events, and other various outreach crusades held throughout the year.
Known as a man of much prayer and fasting, Pastor Hill leads the Love & Unity Christian Fellowship in hosting a monthly prayer and consecration events. In addition, the church doors are open for prayer Monday thru Friday during the hours of: 5:00am, 6:00am, 12:00 Noon, and Saturday’s 8:00am.
Pastor Ronald C. Hill has been married to Co-Pastor, Osie L. Hill for 43 years. God has blessed them with four children: Angela, Constance, Ronald Jr., and Joseph. They have also been blessed with thier son-in-law, Mr. Kenneth Hill Goudy. Together Apostle Hill and Lady Hill have 5 grandchildren, Jahkari David, Tori Celeste, Amanda Celeste, Wynston Cline and Zuri Celeste . Pastor Hill was also blessed in the early portion of his life with a daughter Sharlet Reed, a son-in-law Leonard and two grandchildren LaKendra and Alyson, whom reside in his home state of Texas.
Ministerial Involvement/ Accomplishments
* Former Administrative Assistant to Bishop Charles E. Blake, 1st Jurisdiction
* Former District Superintendent - S.M. Crouch District
* Former Chairman - Spiritual Life Ministry of First Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction
* Chairman - Love and Responsibility Foundation Inc. (Men’s Ministry).
* Co-Chair - Honoring Unsung Fathers (HUF) Awards, hosted by the Mablean Ephraim
* Presenter - The Vision 2000 Pastor’s Conference and Church Growth Seminar for
Church of God in Christ.
* Former Board Member - Transition House Ministry (First Jurisdiction Drug & Alcohol
Rehabilitation Home for Men).
* Former Coordinator - COGIC National Fasting & Prayer Shut-In Ministry.
* Former Board of Directors Member - Union Rescue Mission of L. A.
* Love and Unity Cable Television and Radio Broadcast Ministry.
* Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree, S. CA School of Min., May 2005
* Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree, St. Thomas Christian College, July 2005
* Reocurring Guest and Host on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network).
* Dedicated Community Service Recognition - California Legislature Assembly, 1995.
* Outstanding Leadership and Dedicated Service (to community) Award - Congress
of Racial Equality of California, 1996.
* Distinguished Ministers Award - S. CA School of Ministry, 1999.
* Outstanding Community Service Award - City of Compton, 2004.